Event 1 Post


Attending my first event, “Eco-Centric Art + Science: Prophesies and Predictions”, for this class actually taught me many exciting ideas, concepts, and objects I have not known of before.  The first speaker I heard from was a woman named Linda Weintraub who taught me the incredible power of artwork in the scientific world.  For instance, she provided us a story about a female artist who was eager to spread awareness for the harmful effects taking prescription medication has on the animals in the environment because we release them into waterways through our toilets.  To help spread the awareness, she decided to have her artwork posted within bathroom stalls of an art exhibit so women could see the effects of their taking prescription medication go straight down the pipes to other species homes. I found her message of scientific research to be very effective due to her usage of her artwork and placement of it for the public to see.  Another speaker named James Gimzewski discussed the incredible technology of nano science. Most specifically, the invention of “nano bubbles”.  Learning of the incredible uses “nano bubbales” can have on our society and environment has given me an amazing eye-opening experience as to how such a little technology can clean bacteria from environmental disasters or be capable of combining fresh-water and seawater fish into the same tank of water. Overall, the event was amazing and I enjoyed the speakers who I was able to listen to. I would highly recommend the event for anyone who is interested in simply learning something new.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NeuroScience + Art Blog

Unit 2 Blog Assignment

MedTech + Art